Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Day Five: Countdown to Christmas

Day 5 is all about counting the days to Christmas. This was so much fun to make but I spent hours on this layout. I don't usually spend this much time. It was absolutely worth it. I started the layout as just squares with numbers and then my husband made a comment that seemed to be a challenge to me. Of course, it really was just a passing comment about opening doors and I took it from there and ran with it. Each square is a different paper except the solid is the reverse side of some of the patterned papers.

Each page has two doors that open to reveal a photo of my family.




This page has a pocket for a tag about the advent calendar we had when I was growing up and the one we have now. I made 2 tags so that one side could have the journaling and the other side could have a photo of the advent calendar.

When I was young, the Advent calendar was the start of the Christmas season! It was such a huge part of our holiday!

3 comments:

justem said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I'm looking at all your pages and they are just so fun. Lots of scrapilicious details! Great job.

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful!!!!