I never got around to posting all of my photos for last year's Christmas journal so I thought I would post a few shots that I took today. It ended up being very thick because of all of the pockets, chipboard, etc. One of the pages was a photo printed directly onto a transparency. The photo wasn't related to a specific prompt but it was a really great photo of my daughter in the snow so I couldn't resist using it. I have always thought that Rhonna Farrer's photos printed onto a transperancy were cool so it was my first attempt and I loved it.This was the cover. I love the "joy" bling.
I love this side view of the journal. You can see the ribbon and tags I used. I also did some other elements that extend off of the page. I really experimented with different techniques that I had seen others use but that I had been afraid to try. You can see in the side view that I painted the edges of the inside covers. That was a lot of fun too.
This photo is a random shot of two of the interior pages. The date stamp is the same on each page. I got it in a kit from Jenni Bowlin. You can buy it here. Love it! The circle stamp around it is a 7Gypsies 97% complete stamp, I believe. Using the same date stamp on each page gave the journal a unifying element. I also used a lot of Basic Grey papers but mixed in other papers that complemented them. The main reason I chose a paper was that I liked it so I didn't get to caught up worrying about whether or not it matched all of the rest.
3 comments:
I am so excited to start the journal this year! Your journal from last year is so cool! I wasn't going to do the unifying theme (date stamp) but think I might do it afterall as it works really well in your journal!
I am so excited to start the journal this year! Your journal from last year is so cool! I wasn't going to do the unifying theme (date stamp) but think I might do it afterall as it works really well in your journal!
You made a darling journal last year! I am so jealous, as I didn't complete mine. Ok, here's to finishing it up this year! YOu do some gorgeous work, I look forward to seeing your journal for 2007.
Post a Comment